[arch-general] When will Arch switch to Systemd

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Thu Jan 20 08:11:49 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

I have been working on integration of Arch and Systemd.

At the moment I think the support is complete, and for me it has been
100% stable for some time. That said, much more widespread testing is
required before it can really be said to be stable (so any testing and
bug reporting would be highly appreciated, especially if you use
lvm/raid/encryption).

We would also like to improve the documentation, so if anyone has any
questions that are not answered by the wiki page, please let me know.

Regarding people who are worried about getting an unbootable system:
systemd and sysvinit can (and should) be installed in parallel, so you
can switch between them by adding "init=/bin/systemd" to your kernel
line in GRUB (so if it does break your boot, you can just reboot back
into sysvinit).

Any questions can be posed on this mailinglist, on the systemd thread
in the forum or in #archlinux or #systemd on IRC, where myself
("tomegun") and "falconindy" can sometimes be found.

Cheers,

Tom