[arch-general] When will Arch switch to Systemd

Yaro Kasear yaro at marupa.net
Thu Jan 20 19:31:06 EST 2011

On Thursday, January 20, 2011 06:27:04 pm Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 15:52 -0600, Yaro Kasear wrote:
> > I was ALMOST behind a switch to systemd until I found out the guy behind
> > it is Lennart Poettering. Now we can expect a half-broken init system
> > that'll be in perpetual beta, and more passing off the buck on bug
> > reports to
> > distributions/drivers/whatever.
>
> I can see you already responded again to this thread, but my immediate
> reaction to this mail was o.0!

Lennart is the same person behind Pulse Audio, a known problematic sound
daemon. What worries me is that systemd is much closer to the system, which
might be potential for general all-around system breakage if systemd gets as
bad as PA.

NOTE: I don't want to start a flame war here about PA or anything. I'm just
concerned.