[arch-general] GPT slower than MBR, although both are properly aligned?

Karol Babioch karol at babioch.de
Sat Jan 22 19:14:45 EST 2011

Hi,

Am 23.01.2011 00:45, schrieb Mauro Santos:
> Maybe things will improve once the drives can report
> the true minimum sector size they use for writing, which I guess they
> should start doing soon or it will be a hidden bloody mess for everyone :p

I guess the problem is that most (all?) of these devices report wrong
values to the drivers (for compatibility reasons), so the only possible
way to encounter this problem would be to provide a database with the
OS/drivers, which seems to be quite odd :(.

Hopefully this will change in the near future ;).

Best regards,
Karol Babioch