[arch-general] Robson Peixoto invited you to Dropbox

Steve Holmes steve.holmes88 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 09:06:55 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 10:32:16AM +0000, Mauro Santos wrote:
> I guess they do (or they should, never tried it myself) and I also
> believe that they ask for the email's password before they can spam mail
> everyone.
> To add insult to injury some sites require (or used to require) an email
> address and the respective password so "you can keep in touch with your
> friends" before allowing one to complete the registration process, or
> keep nagging you afterwards telling you that "you are not keeping in
> touch with your friends, please give us your email's password and let us
> mass spam everyone (tm)".

I've never run into a situation like that but I can tell you for sure
that I will never give such sites a password to anything! Furthermore,
I would drop such a service faster than a hot potatoe.  When I
'invite' people to things like linked-in or dropbox, I do it on an
individual basis and would hope that the invites be relevant to the
persons involved.  Like with Linkedin, I like to add a personal note
to each invite or request to be linked so the person receiving the
request realizes it is me and not some generic spammer out there.