[arch-general] PKGBUILD - howto handle 'src' when svn source is already in PKGBUILD dir?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Jan 27 21:57:14 EST 2011

Guys,

  I'm trying to figure out the best way to create a set of PKGBUILDs for the
Trinity svn tree. I already have the svn source on my computer. I can check for
the latest version or svn up each module and I can have makepkg 'redownload' the
latest rev in $startdir/src, but HOW do I setup the PKGBUILD to just use what is
already in the svn tree?

  Example: arts

  I have the following in the dependencies/arts directory:

.svn
admin
artsc
cmake
doc
examples
flow
gmcop
libltdl
mcop
mcop_mt
mcopidl
qtmcop
soundserver
tests
x11
CMakeLists.txt
COPYING
COPYING.LIB
INSTALL
Makefile.am.in
Makefile.cvs
arts.lsm
arts.pc.cmake
config.h.cmake
configure.in.bot
configure.in.in

  Since I already have the source, I don't want to create a new
$startdir/src/arts under the dependencies/arts directory by simply calling
makepkg in that directory. (unless there is some out-of-source trick using links
or the like) I'd like to find a way to just do a PKGBUILD to use the source in
the current directory and then create the pkg directory in another location. Is
there a standard way of handling PKGBUILDs for each module in a large tree that
can do this?

  It's almost like I want to use --noextract while creating a link from src ->
./, but that just seems screwy. Anybody got a trick for doing this?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.