[arch-general] New GRUB2 packages - any comments ?

KESHAV P.R. skodabenz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 08:48:58 EST 2011

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 18:34, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 6:55 AM, KESHAV P.R. <skodabenz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>         I (skodabenz) and Ronald Van Haren (pressh) have put together
>> a split PKGBUILD for grub2 including UEFI support (apart from standard
>> BIOS firmware).
>>

> You asked it in another thread but split PKGBUILD intended for the
> repos can't have both i686/x86_64 and any arch in them. The dbscripts
> don't support that.

What exactly is the 'problem' in dbscripts? Is it pertaining to not
displaying the split packages when some of the split ones are 'any'
arch? Anyway its a minor issue and can be solved by a simple edit of
replacing arch=('any') by arch=('i686' 'x86_64'). But for the sake of
this, the actual 'any' package have to be rebuilt for each arch which
is a waste of time and leads to duplication of data.

I guess for sake of dbscripts compatibility, we can leave
grub2-common, grub2-bios and grub2-efi-i386 as i686 and x86_64
packages. Since grub2-efi-x86_64 exists in a separate PKGBUILD i see
no reason not to have it as 'any' arch except for the sake of
uniformity with the other grub2 packages. The final decision regading
this rests with Ronald.

Regards.

Keshav