[arch-general] Question about automated builder

C Anthony Risinger anthony at extof.me
Fri Jan 28 11:49:42 EST 2011

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Thomas S Hatch <thatch45 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 9:08 AM, C Anthony Risinger <anthony at extof.me>wrote:
>
> But with that said I feel very strongly that my wants as a commercial user
> of Arch are not on par with the needs of the Arch community in the manner,
> in fact I would say that my wants from a commercial perspective should be
> thrown out, I don't want my commercial use of Arch to taint the community,
> it is one of my greatest fears as an Arch TU and contributor.

no way, don't even think/worry about that.

commercial needs are what fund a significant amount of "open
development"; your business problem is what really drives this
endeavor, and makes it worthwhile to sink (limited) time resources
toward.  everyone else is freely gaining.  nothing to be ashamed of in
even the slightest bit imo; most of us (guessing :-) who do open
development are likely employed and fed by doing other, "less open",
development.

if everything was 100% free software/labor there wouldn't be much
porridge for all the developer bears out there, and this bear would be
in a more lucrative line of work.  starving developers don't generate
much software to play with :-)

C Anthony