[arch-general] flash full screen under FF5 and arch64

Benjamin Sambale bsambale at gmx.de
Sat Jul 2 14:42:46 EDT 2011

Dear arch users,

I'm using arch linux x86_64 (kernel 2.6.38), Firefox 5.0 and the Adobe
Flash Plugin 10.3.162.29 64bit support (according to
http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/). My problem is that I can
view flash videos in Firefox in normal mode, but in full screen mode the
videos slow down (and the CPU usage rises much). A half year ago
everything worked fine, but after some updates it won't work anymore. I
also tried a kernel/firefox downgrade without success. I suspect that it
has to do with the hardware acceleration settings in the flash menu
(right click on flash video). Here hardware acceleration is enabled and
I can't disable it, since the mouse and keyboard simple don't work on
the flash settings menu.

Is there another way to disable hardware acceleration? Or any other hints?

Thanks,
Benjamin