[arch-general] Something Broken with Perl!

Steve Holmes steve.holmes88 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 20:02:20 EDT 2011

Well, I've been messing with cpanplus and the distarch part of it.  I
have some questions now.

Where does cpanp get the information to generate a properly configured
PKGBUILD for a module?

Right now, I cannot use cpanp to build Params::Util because it keeps
sticking a bad dependency in the PKGBUILD for perl.  I have
cpanplusdistarch configured to autogenerate the arch package.  Should
I not be doing this?  When I tried installing CPANPLUS::Dist::Arch
by using cpanp, it put the scripts in the wrong place so I couldn't
execute them.  Instead, I removed that install and installed the
perl-cpanplus-dist-arch from AUR; that way the scripts are in the
right place.

Any more ideas here?