[arch-general] The OpenCL ICD problem

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Thu Jul 7 10:29:46 EDT 2011

> I'm sending this to maintainers who maintain involved pkgs.
> People that might be also interested are in Cc, please let me know
> should you find this mail too spammy/annoying :)

Next time please send this to the appropriate mailing list (arch-general
or aur-general in most cases) and if you feel it's necessary you can
still CC the maintainers.

> The problem in question is a conflicting file, namely
> /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so (and possibly so version symlinks too).
> This file is currently provided by these packages (that I know of):
>    nvidia-utils [extra],
>    lib32-nvidia-utils [multilib],

multilib/lib32-nvidia-utils (275.09.07-1) : /usr/lib32/libOpenCL.so
extra/nvidia-utils (275.09.07-1) : /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so

There is no conflict.

> Therefore, a sollution might be to simply pick one of available ICD
> loaders (a thin one preferably) and make it a dependency for other
> pkgs.

We only have one in our repos so there's nothing to do as far as I can tell.

In case I misunderstood something, please clarify.

--
Florian Pritz