[arch-general] gnome2.32

sergio lenzi lenzi.sergio at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 21:40:17 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 10:11 PM, C Anthony Risinger <anthony at xtfx.me> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Vic Demuzere <vic at demuzere.be> wrote:
> > On Jul 7, 2011 10:26 PM, "Ionut Biru" <ibiru at archlinux.org> wrote:
> >> everything you said above is plain wrong. EVERYTHING go read the wiki or
> > use gnome manuals
> >>
> >> 1) you can set up nautilus to manage your desktop (use gnome-tweak-tool
> if
> > you are not skilled enough)
> >> 2) alt+right click doh, is specified all over the internet at this
> point,
> > not only in the manual
> >> 3) see 1 and system settings->keyboard->shortcuts
> >>

> >> Can you please spare us and start discovering? Is not that hard to open
> > manual or search on google
> >>

> > That's what I thought, but I have never used fallback mode so I don't
> know
> > how usable it is. I do know some non-geek end users who actually like
> gnome
> > 3 shell, though.
> >
> > I think it's a better idea to spend your time on improving fallback mode
> in
> > gnome 3, than spending it on maintaining outdated software.
>
> I know you are right...   I must have to find a way to present a
"transition"  if ever,
between gnome2 and gnome 3.  My users needs an update perhaps once a year..

Meanwhile I will install again gnome3 in the test computer nvidia chipset,
amd 2 cores.

So I expect theat by JUN 2012, gonome3 have become more stable,
and then I will start to send new notebooks with gnome3 interface...