[arch-general] Archlinux is for Maria too

Sergio de Almeida Lenzi lenzi.sergio at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 01:09:32 EDT 2011

Well said Madhurya Kakati,
While ipads, iphones, sony vaio, Hp... lenovo... have they
share in the market of people who buy it because have money to do
so, there are 10X more people that can only buy a celeron 3300 notebook
for US$50 dolars/month.

Some months ago, the woman who cleans my home (Maria), have bought a
notebook
and I install archlinux for her for free, she said she went to work in
another
home (not mine) and the owner have a "super" notebook. They compared the
graphics, sound, wifi , image, speed, easy of use, of the US$50 with the
US$3000 one
indeed Maria's have the same speed, never breaks, have better wifi
(wicd), and 3G access was faster.

For the curiosity, 3G access in Linux is much faster (about 6Mbits)...
just because
it does not use the  "driver" that comes with the modem.  So I guess
that the
speed limit is in the "driver"...

Maria said she, her husband, son, doughter, all use the Notebook, it
never loose
anything, and is rock stable.. She is proud of using Linux...

Sergio