[arch-general] Xorg not working on AMD C-50 Fusion (Radeon HD 6250)

Nicolás Adamo nicoadamo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 04:29:29 EDT 2011

Hi all! I'm having trouble installing xorg on a Gateway Netbook which
has a fusion AMD processor model "C-50". It has micro+graphics in one chip.
I've googled that many people succeded with catalyst drivers, though I
haven't been that lucky.

I added the [catalyst] repo mentioned at the arch wiki, installed all
xorg, xorg-utils, catalyst, catalyst-utils, etc. but I can't start x

When running startx, nothing happens. It shows the prompt again.
fglrxinfo returns "unable to open display (null)"

/var/log/Xorg.0.log is empty , however, the same file with .old is at
http://pastebin.archlinux.fr/433086

If helps, /etc/X11/xorg.conf is at http://pastebin.archlinux.fr/433085
Removing it makes no change.

Well, any clue will be appreciated.