[arch-general] Nvidia?? (About to do pacman -Syu but:)

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook jtwdyp at ttlc.net
Sun Jul 10 13:22:49 EDT 2011

In preparation for a pacman -Syu I peeked at the "main page" and read:

> The nvidia-173xx and nvidia-96xx driver packages have been removed from
> our repositories as they are incompatible with newer xorg servers. This
> can only be fixed by an upstream update, which has not happened yet.
>
> For most video cards, the best alternative should be xf86-video-nouveau

Since I know for a fact that my integrated Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE is very
incompatible with the nouveau driver I'm suddenly concerned...

according to pacman -Q nvidia I got:
nvidia 270.41.19-1

Should I worry about it? That is should I find out how to prevent pacman
from messing with the video driver, or does the "270.41.19-1" mean the
above will have no effect on my nvidia driver?

Thanks