[arch-general] howto properly disable sound device pulse/alsa?

jesse jaara jesse.jaara at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 07:50:57 EDT 2011

2011/7/11 Matthew Monaco <dgbaley27 at verizon.net>

> On 07/11/2011 12:30 AM, dmbuce at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> On 07/10/2011 07:44 PM, Matthew Monaco wrote:
>>
>>> I think since Gnome 3 / pulseaudio, I've had an annoying system beep
>>> when shutting down. The pcspkr module is not loaded.
>>>

>> Are you blacklisting this module through the old syntax in rc.conf? The
>> configuration for blacklisting modules changed not too long ago (although
>> not
>> terribly recently, either, so sorry if you were already aware of this).
>>
>> http://www.archlinux.org/news/**changes-to-module-**blacklisting/<http://www.archlinux.org/news/changes-to-module-blacklisting/>
>>

> I've been blacklisting it via "install pcspkr /bin/false" all along.

Blacklisting won't work I think as this isint the classical/physical
beeper speaker embended in the motherborad but instead a "virtual"
one implemented in the sound card to produce the beep sound from
the real speakers. So only way is to just mute it.

--
(\_ /) copy the bunny to your profile
(0.o ) to help him achieve world domination.