[arch-general] X cursor problem on new install

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 17:11:48 EDT 2011

David Rosenstrauch said the following at 07/06/2011 01:19 PM :
> On 07/06/2011 03:12 PM, David Rosenstrauch wrote:

>>> How about the intel-dri package? If not, try installing that. (And then
>>> restarting X.)
>>>
>>> If that doesn't work, email back. I use Intel graphics here ... might be
>>> able to help you through this.
>>>
>>> DR
>>
>> Also, not sure if this matters, but it looks like you don't have any
>> Xorg fonts installed. Try installing xorg-fonts-100dpi and
>> xorg-fonts-75dpi and see if that helps.
>>
>> DR
>
> One other suggestion:
>
> Try *un*installing xf86-video-fbdev and xf86-video-vesa.  It looks like
> it might be picking up the VESA driver, rather than the Intel one.

Still no change in behaviour -- the cursor still moves off the left side of
the screen and reappears on the right side, and stops moving to the left
partway across the screen. It's as if the position of the cursor is about ½
of the screen width to the left of where it should be.

The /var/log.Xorg.0.log after making all your suggested changes is at:
paste.pocoo.org/show/436407.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR