[arch-general] Still perl issues

Joel Hatsch j-archlinux at joel-hatsch.net
Mon Jul 11 18:47:37 EDT 2011

Hello *,

still having perl issues after update. Saw on the mailing list that
I'm not the first, but the suggested workarounds don't work for me.

Code :
#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use GD::Graph::lines;

results in the already known

Not a CODE reference at /usr/lib/perl5/core_perl/DynaLoader.pm line 213.
END failed--call queue aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/GD.pm line 213.
Compilation failed in require at
/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/GD/Graph/lines.pm line 18.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/GD/Graph/lines.pm line 18.
Compilation failed in require at ./test.pl line 6.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./test.pl line 6.

1) adding push (@INC,"/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl"); didn't help

2) renaming vendor_perl to vendor_perl-old didn't help (was suggested in june)

3) remove perl/gd/perl-gd & reinstall didn't help neither

I was hoping that a subsequent update of the packages would help, but
in the meantime it's more or less 1 month that I can't execute perl
programs and it's getting annoying

Any hints/pointers for future investigation ?

Thanks

Joel