[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Fwd: Move kdelibs3 to [community]

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Mon Jul 18 21:13:38 EDT 2011

Am 18.07.2011 19:05, schrieb Calvin Morrison:
> What I think would be best for everyone, is that once we release our
> next version, arch should look into switching to the Trinity Desktop
> provided kdelibs3, kdebase, kde* packages. They are more up to date
> and stable. I think the fact you are having trouble building old kde3
> shows that it might be time to start considering other options. As far as
> Qt3 goes, we are completely ready and happy to provide upstream support
> for all distros, especially my favorite Arch. :)

We don't actually provide any kde package from kde3. We only have
kdelibs3 for a small number of packages that have never been ported to
kde4. Apparently those are:

gambas2-gb-qt-kde
kleansweep
kovpn
ksensors
ksniffer
ktechlab
pwmanager
qalculate-kde
qtcurve-kde3

Most of those are probably obsolete (it's sad though that there is no
application with the same functionality as kovpn).