[arch-general] virtualbox additions package naming

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Tue Jul 19 14:33:00 EDT 2011

Am Tue, 19 Jul 2011 21:21:25 +0300
schrieb Ionut Biru <ibiru at archlinux.org>:

> I'm concern about this replace and I don't know if pacman can handle
> this well enough. Does pacman accept a versioned replace to not
> conflict with the newly virtual-guest-additions?
>
> replaces=(virtualbox-guest-additions<4.1) ?
>
> I don't want to hit this case:
>
> virtualbox-additions replaced by virtual-guest-addtions 4.1.0
> virtualbox-guest-addtions 4.0.12 replaced by
> virtualbox-archlinux-addtions 4.1.0
> virtualbox-guest-additions 4.1.0 replaced by
> virtualbox-archlinux-addtions 4.1.0

But this would be the best solution I think. Maybe you should post an
announcement either to the News section on the website if possible or
to the mailing list and wiki.

For pacman there are those arrays like replaces. I'm also not sure if
that will work. But I think in case of doubt people should be able to
do some manual installation work once.

Heiko