[arch-general] Panic - no sound devices after upgrade

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Tue Jul 19 15:08:24 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 7:11 PM, Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org> wrote:
>> Could you attach your fstab and the relevant parts of your logs ("grep
>> udev /var/log/errors.log")?
>
> I'm at a different site ATM, so this will have to wait. But
> the errors are all about .rules files not being found (which
> one seems to be different each time),

Hmm... this does not make much sense. udev will just use whatever rule
files it finds in /{lib,etc}/udev/rules.d, so I don't understand why
it would complain about "missing" .rules files. Please forward the
exact message when you can.

> and the fstab would
> be almost identical to what I have here:

That looks fine. I was thinking that you perhaps had /usr on a
separate partition, which could explain messages about missing files,
but that is apparently not the case.

I'd also be interested in seeing the files Ray requested.

If you are in a hurry to sort this out, you could try asking in
#archlinux (I'm "tomegun").

Cheers,

Tom