[arch-general] Panic - no sound devices after upgrade

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Thu Jul 21 03:19:42 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 12:50:20AM +0800, Ray Rashif wrote:
> On 21 July 2011 00:38, Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org> wrote:
> > *Two cards* going defective at the same time, and that time coincides
> > with an upgrade ? That could only mean that the new system has destroyed
> > them :-)
>
> Yes, but the obvious culprits have been tried. What's left is to
> figure out what else could cause this.

I'm not at the studio ATM so I can't try, but what about
the sysvinit package ? It provides /sbin/init, and it was
not in your list of 'usual suspects'. And I'm still trying
to find out why after reverting kernel, mkinitcpio, udev,
etc. to versions known to work I still get those 'new style'
boot messages - indicating that something else should be
reverted as well to return to the working configuration.

--
FA