[arch-general] Atheros WiFi only working after reboot from windows

Vic Demuzere vic at demuzere.be
Wed Jul 27 05:30:15 EDT 2011

On 27 July 2011 11:02, Benedikt Kraxner <b.kraxner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had a similar problem with a different WiFi card.
> Try "ifconfig wlan0 down" before starting the network.

That sounds like a weird solution, never tried that! I've tried using
"ip link set dev up" before starting the network.

I can't test it right now, I'm waiting for a hard disk replacement for
my home partition. (Or I should figure out how to mount /home and /var
in tmpfs). I'll try it out when I have my Arch back up & running.

Thanks for your help!

--
vic at demuzere.be :: http://vic.demuzere.be :: PGP: 0x6690CF94
My software never contains bugs, it just develops random features.