[arch-general] pulse audio auto stop

Juan Diego Tascón juantascon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 14:30:59 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
> 2011/7/28 Juan Diego Tascón <juantascon at gmail.com>:
>> Does anyone knows why is pulseaudio being shut down every time X is
>> shut down? why cruel world? why?
>
> man pulse-daemon.conf:
>
> "exit-idle-time=  Terminate the daemon after the last client quit and
> this time in seconds passed. Use a negative value to disable this
> feature. Defaults to  20."

Ok, I'm afraid this didn't do the trick. I tried with a negative
value(-1) and with a big value (100) and it didn't work.

This is what's going on: I start a normal tty login in lets say tty2
then I run mplayer to reproduce an mp3 with pulse output which
automatically starts the pulseaudio daemon. Then, on tty1 I start
xinit (kde). When I close the xinit process (Ctrl+C on tty1) the pulse
daemon also dies and my mplayer stops playing :(