[arch-general] quiet kernel parameter

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Fri Jul 29 16:35:42 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Meyithi <mail at meyithi.com> wrote:
> It appears that the quiet kernel parameter also sets a quiet flag in
> Syslinux as well, which is doing something horrible to early framebuffers.
>  As to the original question, it seems that "quiet" and "loglevel=4" are
> identical indeed, unless you use Syslinux.

For what it's worth: I'm using syslinux with quiet without seeing this
problem (using i915).

Also, the last kernel commit I pointed to in a previous email shows a
place in the boot code where "quiet" is indeed different from
"loglevel=4", just in case someone came across a different problem.

Cheers,

Tom