[arch-general] hwclock and openntpd

Yclept Nemo orbisvicis at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 03:06:12 EDT 2011

A recent announcement said:

 * The adjustment of the hwclock for drift is moved into a daemon that should
not be used in most scenarios as it can lead to subtle bugs (especially if using
dual-boot or ntp). If you know what you are doing and want to adjust the
hardware clock for drift, add `"hwclock"` to your `DAEMONS` array.

I use openntpd, and with hwclock disabled - DAEMONS=(!hwclock ...) -
I've been getting these errors every reboot:
"Superblock last mount time is in the future (by less than a day,
probably due to the hardware clock being incorrectly set) - fixed"

Perhaps openntpd does not set the hwclock. Therefore, should openntpd
be used in conjuction with the hwclock daemon?