[arch-general] Was Fwd: [arch-dev-public] [signoff] coreutils-8.12-2, initscripts-2011.06.2-1, net-tools-1.60-15, udev-171-2, yp-tools-2.12-2

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Sat Jun 4 13:29:32 EDT 2011

Hi Myra,

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 7:18 PM, Myra Nelson <myra.nelson at hughes.net> wrote:
> One quick question, why do I still have udev 169 and udev 171 starting.

As you correctly assumed, the first one is in initramfs. What has
happened is that your initramfs has not been updated (this happens on
kernel upgrade) since you upgraded udev from 169. To get the same udev
in both places, do "mkinitcpio -p kernel26" (though, if you don't,
everything should still work ok even if the versions don't match).

> My
> /usr is on a separate partition and my loopback is not starting, but everything
> appears to work well.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll have the loopback stuff sorted out soon.

Cheers,

Tom