[arch-general] How to cache pacman mirror for LAN

Simon Schneider schneida.simon at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 03:41:00 EDT 2011

You can also share the pacman directory /var/cache/pacman/pkg via NFS or
some other protocol. Whenever a new package is requested, it gets downloaded
to your login node which stores it for later use in case another client
needs it. The drawback is, that you can't upgrade two machines at the same
time, because they would interfere each other. Have a look at:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Network_Shared_Pacman_Cache#Network_shared_pacman_cache