[arch-general] TeXLive 2011 pretest

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 17:38:28 EDT 2011

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 9:27 AM, Rémy Oudompheng
<remyoudompheng at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011/6/1 Rémy Oudompheng <remy at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> TeXLive 2011 is in pre-testing phase.
>
> I have pushed packages to [testing]. Some notes:
> * on installation, fmtutil-sys will spew a nerror saying that "eptex"
> format was not generated. I guess it means eptex will not work unless
> someone finds a fix.
> * biblatex-biber is not packaged, you can use the package from AUR in
> the meanwhile.
> * other issues I mentioned are closed, except maybe ConTeXt.
>
> Don't hesitate to report any problems.
>
> Rémy.

I have a very minor issue. The .install functions are a bit too verbose:
(25/26) upgrading texlive-science
           [-----------------------------------------------] 100%
>>> texlive: saving updmap.cfg as /tmp/tmp.uLoaP7TOez...
>>> texlive: regenerating updmap.cfg (custom additions shoud go
             into /etc/texmf/web2c/updmap-local.cfg
>>> texlive: updating the filename database...
mktexlsr: Updating /etc/texmf/ls-R...
mktexlsr: Updating /usr/share/texmf/ls-R...
mktexlsr: Updating /usr/share/texmf-dist/ls-R...
mktexlsr: Updating /var/lib/texmf/ls-R...
mktexlsr: Done.
>>> texlive: updating the fontmap files with updmap...
 done.

The second line (and maybe the first one) seem to be useful but the
others don't seem to be necessary. You might want to change that in
svn for the next update.

Eric