[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] coreutils-8.12-2, initscripts-2011.06.3-1, net-tools-1.60-16, udev-171-2, yp-tools-2.12-2, ypbind-mt-1.33-2, iproute2-2.6.38-3

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Tue Jun 7 19:41:14 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 1:33 AM, Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just one officially supported?  How about boxes with 2 nics acting as
> routers or gateways?  It sounds to me a bit limited...  netcfg is
> there but it's not the default,

We hope netcfg will become the preferred networking solution in the
future. If you cannot use netcfg, and the basic functionality we
provide in initscripts is not sufficient, then the old net-tools way
will continue to work for the foreseeable future.

> and most arch wiki documentation show
> a way without netcfg, :-)  Perhaps time to change the arch wikies when
> the change take place, :-)

Yes, documentation should be updated. Help with this is very much
appreciated! I will personally start working on this once the release
is out (time permitting).

> Did I misunderstand the statement?

No, I don't think so ;-)

Cheers,