[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] coreutils-8.12-2, initscripts-2011.06.3-1, net-tools-1.60-16, udev-171-2, yp-tools-2.12-2, ypbind-mt-1.33-2, iproute2-2.6.38-3

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Wed Jun 8 10:57:06 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 4:17 PM, mangust <m4ngust at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/08/2011 01:41 AM, Tom Gundersen wrote:
>> Yes, documentation should be updated. Help with this is very much
>> appreciated! I will personally start working on this once the release
>> is out (time permitting).
>
> Hey Tom, what help do you need with the documentation?

Thanks for offering to help!

We should find the places in the wiki that suggest using the old
net-tools configuration options in rc.conf, and see if the use-cases
they are describing can be replaced by our new syntax, or by upgrading
to netcfg. If so, we should update the documentation to reflect this.
Otherwise, we leave it as it is, as net-tools will still be supported.
Possibly, we should add a comment that net-tools needs to be installed
for it to work.

Cheers,

Tom