[arch-general] Reboot - Versioned Kernel Installs

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook jtwdyp at ttlc.net
Fri Jun 10 20:45:02 EDT 2011

It would appear that on Jun 9, C Anthony Risinger did say:

> On Jun 9, 2011 5:50 PM, "Heiko Baums" <lists at baums-on-web.de> wrote:
> > Am Thu, 9 Jun 2011 17:36:21 -0500
> > schrieb C Anthony Risinger <anthony at xtfx.me>:
> >
> >> does this sound genius or completely insane? some insanely genius guy
> >> once said they are only separated by a fine line ...
> >
> > Sounds completely insane.
>
> ooooook ... and ... why?

-snipped. .  .   .    .     .      .       .        .         .stuff

The only reason to even consider keeping an old kernel around with Arch was
just in case the new kernel is effectively borked... (possibly due to a
hardware incompatibility...) And if I remember right, you said something
about this not working if the new kernel can't boot...