[arch-general] Dejavu sans mono fonts rendering issue.

mwnn mwnnlin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 02:56:47 EDT 2011

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Rémy Oudompheng
<remyoudompheng at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011/6/11 mwnn <mwnnlin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>   I am unable to configure fonts on my new arch linux system. The
>> fonts from the old slackware installation are similar to
>> http://i.imgur.com/UcwHS.png. The new arch linux fonts look like
>> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/695/newemacs.jpg/
>
> Hello,
>
> You do not seem to have a question or a problem that people might try
> to solve. Do you have any?
>
> Regards,
> Rémy.

The Slackware fonts are much thicker than the one on Arch. Would like
to know how I can configure the fonts on Arch to look similar to
Slackware. I have read Archwiki's Fontconfig entry and tried setting
various configurations in ~/.fonts.conf. BTW the issue appears only in
Emacs  and GVIM. Firefox, for example, renders fonts correctly.

P.S: I am using icewm as my window manager and xdm as my display manager.