[arch-general] makechrootpkg -I (any way to pass --noconfirm ?)

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Wed Jun 15 17:18:29 EDT 2011

On 06/15/2011 02:41 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> Guys
>
>   When installing packages into an archroot with the '-I' option to
> makechrootpkg is there any way to also pass the '--noconfirm' option
> to pacman? I have tried a couple of different ways to pass it after
> the -I option, but so far it is a no go. I'm trying to automate the
> trinity build in an archroot, but having to confirm each install after
> the module build is preventing this. What say the experts?

You're doing this incorrectly.
Setup a repo that is reachable in the chroot
then

( sudo /usr/sbin/mkarchroot -u  ${_chroot}/root 2>&1 | tee
${_date}build.log && exit ${PIPESTATUS} )
( sudo /usr/sbin/makechrootpkg -c -r ${_chroot} 2>&1 | tee -a
${_date}build.log && exit ${PIPESTATUS} )

The first mkarchroot updates the chroot system and the second builds the
package, when they are are built you are ready to install to the host
system.
I do not recommend installing the trinity packages to the chroot, the
PKGBUILD file should pull them in automagically if it is written correctly.

See my automated trinity build system for pointers.  I wrap the whole
thing in a Makefile which builds the entire trinity desktop ( if needed ).
$ make trinity is all that is then needed.