[arch-general] arch linux repository

Sergio de Almeida Lenzi lenzi.sergio at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 22:44:06 EDT 2011

Em Qua, 2011-06-15 às 18:37 -0300, Ángel Velásquez escreveu:

> 2011/6/15 Sergio de Almeida Lenzi <lenzi.sergio at gmail.com>:
> > Hello...
> >
> > I am building a private repository (myrep) I put all the packages, I
> > build
> > using PKGBUILD and /var/abs/tree. and saved it on an internet server
> > that can be acessed by using http.
> >
> > Is there a way to build the db and files in the repository, in a way
> > pacman -Syu can
> > update my archlinux???   or pacman just do not use them???
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> Please see [1] I don't know if you noticed that you received that
> reply, please don't ask again in other threads, ask if you didn't
> understand something from the documentation
>

> [1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Local_repository_HOW-TO

I read the document, it explains how to mount a repo using nfs on local
servers,
that is not I want to I need to build a repo using http, on remote
servers, and
use the command pacman -Syu to update all the archlinux...

for what I see, I need to go to the pacman source and see how it is
done...

I use FreeBSD, and in BSD it is all documented,  in every detail, I am
having
some dificulties using linux    Even if arch linux is the best one, the
documentation
is missing from some points...  for example: how pacman chooses what
needs
to  be updated from the repo sources...

If the solution is to go to the pacman source, no problem... I just
asked the
list in the case someone has done it before...

Sergio