[arch-general] Synaptics Gesture Suite on Arch?

XeCycle xecycle at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 07:44:21 EDT 2011

Christian Hesse <list at eworm.de> writes:

> Karol Babioch <karol at babioch.de> on Wed, 29 Jun 2011 12:36:15 +0200:
>> Hi,

[...]

> There's a package 'xf86-input-synaptics' with synaptics drivers for X.org.
> Take a look at [0] for how to configure it.
> Why would someone want to have a 'synaptics gesture suite'?

That's not the point.  Perhaps he (or she) wants something like
multitouch.  I'm also interested in this, the question should be, is
multitouch well implemented in Linux?  For now I can only use two finger
scrolling and three-finger-tap for a middle click, however, sometimes a
real multitouch would be better.

--
Carl Lei (XeCycle)
Department of Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University