[arch-general] Warning - Thunderbird 5 Breaks Access to pop accounts

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Jun 29 12:37:03 EDT 2011

On 06/29/2011 11:16 AM, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 29.06.2011 18:10, schrieb David C. Rankin:
>> Guys,
>>
>>    This may just be on my box, but after update to thunderbird 5, all
>> access to new messages on pop accounts broke. The error message said:
>>
>> Please send PASS command.
>>
>>    It looks like the mailer wasn't responding properly to the server
>> communications. I rebooted, I tried everything. Finally I had to
>> downgrade to thunderbird-3.1.11-1 to restore access to my pop accounts.
>>
>>    Anyone else see this?
>>

> No problems here.

Hmm...

   No matter if I manually entered my password or clicked 'retry' in response
to tbirds "Please send PASS command" error, it would not connect. I shut down,
restarted, restarted tbird several times, etc... - no joy.  I have 5 pop
accounts in tbird - maybe it has to do with multiple pop account handling.

   The downgrade was the only way to get back into my mail. I'll mess with it
after work today, don't have time right now. Thanks for the reply.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.