[arch-general] Warning - Thunderbird 5 Breaks Access to pop accounts

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Jun 29 15:25:21 EDT 2011

On 06/29/2011 11:48 AM, Cédric Girard wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 6:37 PM, David C. Rankin<
> drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com>  wrote:
>
>>   No matter if I manually entered my password or clicked 'retry' in response
>> to tbirds "Please send PASS command" error, it would not connect. I shut
>> down, restarted, restarted tbird several times, etc... - no joy.  I have 5
>> pop accounts in tbird - maybe it has to do with multiple pop account
>> handling.
>

> Or maybe it is related to your mail server. Are they all the same?

Yes, all the mail servers are the same -- just different accounts. I have
updated a SuSE box to 5 and it all works OK there. I will install 5 again on
Arch later and give it another go.  Does anybody know if the mail communication
is all done in the thunderbird package -- or-- is part of it in xulrunner, etc..?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.