[arch-general] Bug 22828 makes me "kill" my archlinux installation

fredbezies fredbezies at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 04:24:18 EST 2011

Hello.

I'm kinda unlucky. I reported bug 22828, having lot of problem with
gdm which cannot be "killed" at shutdown time.

This morning, before going to work, I faced again this bug.

I had to switch to a tty (using ctrl + alt +F2).

I typed halt to stop my computer, but it won't shutdown properly.

I have to shutdown on my computer, using power button.

When I wanted to boot it again, it is stopped at the start of boot process.

I only get "linux:(none)" prompt and nothing more.

Any idea to avoid a full reinstall ?

Thanks a lot.
--
Frederic Bezies