[arch-general] audio skipping frequently with vlc

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Wed Mar 2 23:24:02 EST 2011

On 03/02/11 12:37, Divan Santana wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 March 2011 08:18:06 Matthew Monaco wrote:
>> I recently noticed then when playing DVDs and other audio files through VLC
>> that  the audio skips frequently. It doesn't get out of sync, just goes
>> mute for a split second.
>>
>> I tried the past few versions of VLC but it still happens, so I guess it's
>> one  of the dependencies, but I'm not sure which.
>>
>> Has anyone noticed/fixed this?
>
> I've also this, specifically when playing music via amarok and KDE setup using
> phonon-vlc as preferred and specifically just before and after song change.

I use both VLC, and Amarok with phonon-vlc, (on Arch; since phonon-vlc
emerged around June or August) and it's been working fine the whole time.

(Except that Amarok with any backend, for me, (-xine, -gstreamer, -vlc)
used to sometimes crash around song-change and now sometimes just does
weird-but-predictable things around song-change.  I think that's unrelated.)

-Isaac