[arch-general] Build in clean chroot

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Tue Mar 8 20:54:05 EST 2011

I have a chroot devel environment like this
/home+build/
                     / root/                       - srch chroot build
made with mkarchroot
                     /        /trinity.source   - a symlink ie ln -s
../trinity.source
                     / copy                        - made by makechrootpkg
                     / pkgbuild                  - where the pkgbuild live
                     / trinity.source           - a subversion repo
checkout of source code

I then fetch the subversion rev level to use as the pkgver number like this

_source=trinity.source
_module=kdepim

   cd ${_source}/${_module}
   pkgver=$(svnversion)

This gives me an error

/build/PKGBUILD: line 25: cd: /trinity.source/kdepim: Too many levels of
symbolic links

I want to symlink the svn repo to inside the chroot so when
makechrootpkg -c -r <chrootdir> creates the clean copy it doesn't have
to copy the entire svn source code to the clean copy, as it is almost 2G
is size.

  Anyone know of a way to get around this?