[arch-general] MPD httpd vorbis buggy?

Karol Babioch karol at babioch.de
Wed Mar 9 11:56:03 EST 2011

Hi,

I've set up MPD with an additional http stream. Default for the encoding
engine seems to be "vorbis". However it seems to be extreme buggy, at
least for me. I've tried it as stand alone output, as well as in
combination with pulse.

It crashed quite irregularly during the normal playback, but it took
nether longer than 1 minute. At least changing the song crashed it every
time.

I couldn't reconnect to the stream, but it was down. Only option was to
restart mpd daemon itself. The log file said something like "error
initializing vorbis encoder"

After some fiddling with the configuration I changed the encoder to
lame, which works great so far, even changing the song works ;).

Before reporting any kind of bug, I wanted to ask you, whether someone
has made the same experience? Is it something individual for me? Is
something with Arch wrong? Or is it really an upstream issue?

Best regards,
Karol Babioch