[arch-general] Dropping Oracle OpenOffice

Ondřej Kučera ondrej.kucera at centrum.cz
Mon Mar 14 05:59:20 EDT 2011

Hello,

On 7.3.2011 18:45, Andreas Radke wrote:
> LibreOffice has recently proved to be a solid replacement for Oracle
> OpenOffice. I'm about to drop all Oracle OOo packages from our repos.

I have a small concern. I regularly need to do a batch conversion of ODS
files to CSV. For a long time I've been using JODConverter [1] to do so.
However, with (Arch Linux's) LibreOffice it doesn't seem to work. I've
found users claiming that JODConverter works with LibreOffice for them
[2] (they don't mention their distribution though), I've also found an
open bug report about connecting to LibreOffice [3] but I don't think it
applies here.

Anyway this is the error I'm getting:
java.net.ConnectException: connection failed:
'socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=2002,tcpNoDelay=1';
With openoffice-base everything works fine. I've tried to look at
PKGBUILDs of both packages to see if there isn't a visible difference in
configure options that might be a culprit but the PKGBUILDs are a bit
too complicated for me to understand them well.

Is there anyone who would be able to help me make this work? I'd really
appreciate it, this is the last reason that forces me to use Oracle's
OpenOffice.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/jodconverter/
[2]
http://groups.google.com/group/jodconverter/browse_thread/thread/fd5bd0606151b557/7c4cb072f5458b5f?lnk=gst&q=libreoffice#7c4cb072f5458b5f