[arch-general] xorg upgrade - error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Mar 15 15:44:25 EDT 2011

On 03/15/2011 02:25 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> On 03/15/2011 01:42 PM, Cédric Girard wrote:
>> The useful thing to do in that case is to run a "pkgfile -s" (provided by
>> pkgtools) on those files to see which package own them.
>>
>> Regards,
>
> (smacks self)
>
> Thanks Cédric,
>
> I have a bunch more boxes to update, so I'll get the information and report back :)

This must be a fluke due to something I can't explain on this one box. I have
now upgraded 4 more boxes and I can't reproduce it. Strange. I've got a few more
boxes to go, so I'll let you know if I see this again. The big issue on this one
box is the PKGBUILD depends=('xorg') reinstalling everything. I'll follow up on
that in the other thread. It may just be something with this one box as well.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.