[arch-general] Web sites down?

C Anthony Risinger anthony at extof.me
Fri Mar 18 13:12:06 EDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 7:56 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:

> Maybe the consensus is to wait for an hour before posting. Chances are
> we already know it's down.

THE WEBSITE IS DOWN!  ugh, it's like a reoccuring waking nightmare.

the other day i had to make a small change to our mail server, and it
was was down for probably 15 seconds ... but nowadays people have
fancy phones that check in every 5 minutes multiplied by hundreds of
clients ...

... so they get a nice little dialog on their phone about `unable to
connect` or some shizwat like that and , gee, since they have a phone,
they call me up before waiting 2 minutes for the connection to
reestablish, or !@# forbid trying again :-)

heh OT, but this thread made me laugh.

C Anthony