[arch-general] [signoff] kernel26-2.6.38-1

Jeff Cook jeff at deserettechnology.com
Sat Mar 19 04:04:52 EDT 2011

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 12:57 AM, Jeff Cook <jeff at deserettechnology.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>> please signoff 2.6.38 series for both arches.
>
> Having issues here with ath9k, much slower than it was with 2.6.37.
> Found this bug re: Ubuntu on Launchpad, haven't checked the kernel
> tracker: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/735171

Looks like I'm also getting bit by this on another machine that uses
ath5k. Watching wireshark on two machines, almost all packets sent to
the ath5k card never make it with 2.6.38. I also tested with a
compat-wireless tarball from 2011-03-18 with the same results.
Reverting to 2.6.37 makes the issue go away. Definitely seems like an
unsafe upgrade at least for Atheros users.