[arch-general] bluez and udev

Seblu seblu at seblu.net
Tue Mar 22 06:25:51 EDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 3:59 AM, Seblu <seblu at seblu.net> wrote:
>> So, this situation is a bit confusing, so why do not remove
>> /lib/udev/rules.d/97-bluetooth.rules?
>
> I don't think it is a good idea to remove these rules, at they allow
> bluez to be started on demand rather than unconditionally. I'd rather
> try to fix it :-)
I agree about trying to fix it.
But I don't see how to do this except by running a kind of
"/sbin/udevadm trigger --action=add" at end of rc.multi.

> Could you try running "/sbin/udevadm trigger --action=add
> --type=failed" after dbus has started?

It does nothing. And that's why I lost time before going to look at
why dbus does not start. I feel that udevadm do not realize that
launching dbus failed. Maybe based on return code (i don't yet
checked).

But in any case, if we do not modify the initscripts, the call for
errors is done too early.

--
Sébastien Luttringer
www.seblu.net