[arch-general] [signoff] kernel26-2.6.38-2

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue Mar 22 11:40:58 EDT 2011

Am 22.03.2011 16:14, schrieb Damjan:
>> please signoff 2.6.38 series for both arches.
>
>> Features included:
>> - latest stable patches
>
> a bit offtopic,
> is there a special reason why there's a single big patch for the kernel,
> and at that one that's not versioned with the kernel package.
>
> A broken up patch would be much easier to analyze and understand.

We used to have lots of patches in the kernel (between 5 and 15), so a
single -ARCH patch was created.
Now, the number of patches is fairly small and I am thinking maybe we
should go back to single patches.

Optimally, we could even have a git tree that tracks "our" kernel - at
the time my git skills were not advanced enough to do this, but now I
know how to do it.

I'm unsure which way is the most transparent.