[arch-general] inefficient handling of bug reports?

Angus charmender at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 22:16:13 EDT 2011

When I file a bug report with the Flyspray web interface, why can't I
specify the package it concerns? Having that option should make it
possible for the package maintainers to be immediately and
automatically notified of the report.

The way it works now seems to be that I have to wait for some generic
bug janitor to manually assign my report to the maintainer of the
package (correct me if I'm mistaken). For example, I filed a bug
report nearly two days ago, but apparently no janitor (or any other
maintainer) has looked at it jet, which means all that time is wasted
for hardly any reason (and no, I won't specify which bug. It's
irrelevant to the issue I'm addressing here.)

I believe the coders among us appreciate efficiency and automation, so
maybe we can improve this system?