[arch-general] What happened to Powerpill?

Cédric Girard girard.cedric at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 05:43:36 EDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Oon-Ee Ng <ngoonee.talk at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you have 10 files to download, powerpill allows for 1 file from
> mirror A, another from mirror B, and chunks of that large 68MB file
> from mirrors C, D, and E at the same time.
>
> With the other solutions, you'd still wait for file 1 to finish
> downloading before downloading file 2.

I understand this as being more flexible. But bandwith-wise, I do not see
why the Powerpill solution is more efficient.
Or maybe this come useful only when downloading small files where file
content transfert itself is negligible compared to connection opening and
other protocol handling...

--
Cédric Girard