[arch-general] Display "Flicker" with 2.6.37.5-1 & nvidia 270.30-3 (dual head)

Mike Sampson mike at sambodata.com
Tue Mar 29 00:06:24 EDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 2:30 PM, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/28/2011 05:07 PM, Jason Melton wrote:
>>
>> It may be a card-specific or similar issue?
>>

> Possibly?  This is a standard old 8600GT with 512M of GDDR3. It has been
> rock solid with all driver up to the last two months or so. I'm suspecting
> the new xorg changes that have also caused problem not only with nvidia, but
> ATI as well.

I am running similar hardware with similar drivers in a dual head
(twinview) setup with no issues as described now or ever in the past.
I use two 1680x1050 displays connected via DVI cables. Package
versions are below but are the standard testing packages. I don't run
KDE, just XMonad and xcompmgr.

$ lspci | grep GeForce
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G84 [GeForce
8600 GT] (rev a1)

$ pacman -Qi nvidia | grep Version
Version        : 270.30-4

$ pacman -Qi kernel26 | grep Version